Damaged smiles are given new life with restorative dentistry treatments. One of the most important restorative treatments that our Tinley Park dentists provide is tooth replacement treatment. When you are missing teeth, your smile suffers not only aesthetically, but functionally as well.
Dental implants are very popular with dental patients suffering from tooth loss. There are a number of different reasons that people of many ages gravitate toward dental implants:
· Dental implants are permanent replacement teeth—once they are in place they will not move—so you never have to worry about slippage when you speak or eat.
· These replacement teeth are versatile—you can use a single implant to replace just one tooth, or use a series of them to restore your entire smile
· Every dental implant has a titanium root that serves the replacement tooth root. The implant root not only holds the restoration in place, it also works to keep your natural bone tissue healthy and strong.
· Every dental implant is customized to fit the patient, so you’ll be sure to end up with a smile that looks natural.
· Implant roots can actually be used to keep other types of prosthetics in place. Our dental team, for example, can ground dentures in the patient’s smile by retrofitting the denture so that it snaps into place over the titanium roots. Once dentures are attached to implant roots, the dentures become permanent.
· Once dental implant treatment is complete, it is very easy to care for your replacement teeth! You’ll brush, floss, and complete semi-annual professional cleanings as normal.
No matter what type of replacement tooth you end up choosing, it is very important that you seek timely treatment for tooth loss as soon as possible. Our Orland Park dental implant dentists are here to answer your questions—so give us a call to get started!