In the world of restorative and cosmetic dentistry, few treatments are as quick and effective as dental bonding. Our Tinley Park dentists use dental bonding to help patients achieve a wide number of dental goals. Today we are going to be going through some basic information about dental bonding, so that you can get a better idea of how this treatment works, and for whom it is appropriate.
The theory of dental bonding is exceedingly simple; our dental team uses dental resin to fill in or reshape a patient’s tooth as necessary.
We use dental resin for this task because dental resin:
· Closely mimics natural enamel
· Is sturdy enough to stand up to the rigors of daily life
· Can be custom shaded to match existing enamel
· Can be custom shaped to suit the individual’s needs
· Can be placed and cured in just one appointment
Dental bonding is used to improve the structure of a patient’s smile when we:
· Fill in cracks in the patient’s enamel
· Rebuild portions of the tooth that have been chipped away
· Refine bite surfaces using dental resin
Dental bonding can also improve the appearance of your smile when we use it to:
· Cover dark, stained, or dull enamel
· Build out teeth that are too narrow or short
· Close gaps between teeth using dental resin
· Make crooked teeth look better aligned by building them out with dental resin
When you come in to meet with our dental team, we’ll be able to give you a better idea of whether dental bonding is a good choice for your needs and your smile. We’ll take a look at the current health of your smile, and we’ll talk to you about the types of structural and aesthetic results that you would like to achieve. Based on all of this information, we can point you in the direction of the dental treatment that is perfect for you!
Ready to get started? Our Orland Park dentists are here to for you! Give us a call!