If you are missing a tooth (or multiple teeth) our Orland Park dentists have the restorative dentistry treatments that you need in order to regain a healthy smile that is also attractive. A dental implant is an innovative and intuitive solution to tooth loss.
The dental implant is unique among restorative dental treatments because it has a replacement tooth root. Prosthetics like dentures and bridges generally sit on top of the patient’s gum tissue. Dental implants, on the other hand, have titanium roots that actually extend into the patient’s bone tissue.
There are a number of benefits of using dental implants rather than ungrounded replacement teeth. Because dental implants have titanium roots, they:
· Stay in place permanently
· Allow the patient to speak, eat, and care for his or her teeth easily and naturally
· Help to bolster and support the patient’s natural bone tissue that surrounds the root
· Closely mimic the structure of a natural tooth
As a dental patient, there are a few different ways that you can benefit from dental implants. You might choose one or the other depending on how many teeth you are missing, and what kind of budget you’ll be working with.
1. You can use individual dental implants to replace individual teeth. This is a great option whether you want to replace a single tooth or an entire smile. Every dental implant will look and feel like a natural tooth.
2. You can use dental implant roots to permanently stabilize other dental prosthetics, like dentures. Implant-stabilized dentures are exceptionally stable and natural feeling—they stay in place 24/7.
When you meet with our Orland Park dental implant dentists, we can help you figure out what types of replacement teeth might work for your smile. So give us a call, or use the Contact Us page on our website to get started!