Are you looking for ways to optimize your daily oral hygiene routine? Well, our Orland Park dentists are here to help you! We have compiled some simple tips and tricks that will help you instantly improve your at-home dental routine.
Start With The Right Brush:
- Age: a toothbrush that has been used for more than three or four months should be discarded and replaced with a fresh brush. Not only do older bristles harbor bacteria, they also wear down and become less effective.
- Bristles: keep in mind that toothbrushes are made with bristles of different firmness levels. Generally speaking, you want to use the softest brush possible that will still effectively clean your smile.
- Toothbrush Head: consider also the size of your toothbrush; it needs to be small enough to reach your molars.
Follow The Plan:
- Technique: while cleaning your smile, take care to use gentle and small circular motions to buff away plaque. Do not apply too much pressure or brush too aggressively, as this can inadvertently cause inadvertent damage.
- Duration: when you brush morning and night, stay at it for about two minutes every time. Try setting a timer or listening to a particular song; many people are surprised to discover how long two minutes really is!
- Completeness: brushing isn’t just for your teeth—make sure that you are cleaning your tongue every time that you brush. If left unchecked, oral bacteria will coat the tongue’s surface, leading to persistent bad breath. You can add a tongue scraper into your routine for additional cleaning power.
As you can see, all of these improvements are easy to implement, and you can start incorporating them into your routine start right away! Please feel free to reach out to our Tinley Park dentists to learn more!