You have probably heard of Invisalign before; the discreet, metal-free way to straighten teeth and close gaps in your smile. If you have been wondering whether this type of orthodontic treatment may be right for you, our Orland Park cosmetic dentists are here to help you decide! Here are some quick facts about Invisalign for your reference…
· During Invisalign the dental patient wears specially-crafted clear plastic aligners during the day and night
· You’ll take these aligners out when you’re eating, drinking something other than water, and cleaning your smile
· Because Invisalign aligners are made of smooth resin, they are less likely to irritate oral tissues than metal brackets and wires
· As a patient, you will upgrade to a new aligner every two to three weeks—each aligner moves your teeth a little more
· Average treatment time for Invisalign patients is 12 to 18 months
· During treatment, you’ll be able to brush, floss, and complete professional dental cleanings as normal
· Once your teeth are where you want them, you’ll wear a retainer at night in order to help you maintain your dream smile
Invisalign is suitable for many different types of patients. Using this treatment, you can straighten crooked teeth, close gaps in your smile, and correct bite problems like underbites, overbites, and crossbites.
The best way to figure out whether Invisalign is the best cosmetic treatment for you is to schedule a consultation with our dental team. Keep in mind that Invisalign can be combined with other aesthetic solutions like teeth whitening and dental bonding in order to further transform the patient’s smile.
As always our Tinley Park cosmetic dentists are here to answer all of your questions and help you assess your many dental options. Give us a call to get started; we look forward to speaking with you!