Our Tinley Park cosmetic dentists are here to help every single one of our dental patients choose the perfect treatments for them. So, today, we are going to be giving you information about your different orthodontic options—specifically traditional metal braces and Invisalign.
As you read through this short article, think about which of these treatments might work for you life
Traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to move teeth into better alignment. The metal brackets are attached to your teeth for the duration of treatment, and the brackets are all connected with metal wires.
Invisalign straightens teeth with aligners—like mouthpieces—that are made of smooth plastic resin. Invisalign aligners are removable, and they are clear and discreet.
Which Is Right For You?
The best way to find out for sure which option is right for you is to schedule a consultation with our cosmetic dentists.
In the meantime, here are some things to think about!
· Both of these orthodontic options can effectively straighten teeth.
· Metal braces are generally less expensive than Invisalign treatment. The exact cost of your treatment will depend on the state of your smile.
· Metal braces may also be better for you if you need to make big structural changes to your smile.
· Invisalign aligners are more discreet than metal braces.
· Invisalign aligners do not have any jagged or abrasive pieces, like metal braces do.
· Invisalign aligners are completely removable, so it is easy to keep your smile clean during treatment.
· Invisalign digital imaging allows our dental team to help patients imagine what their smiles will look like after treatment.
If you want more information about your cosmetic dentistry options, please feel free to contact our Orland Park cosmetic dentists. We are here for you!