Think about all of the things that your teeth are exposed to and put through every single day. Your teeth come into contact with everything that you eat and drink. Your teeth chew tough foods, and come into contact with one another when you chew. Your teeth are put at risk whenever you take part in contact or extreme sports.
Is it any wonder that your teeth change over time?
Our Tinley Park dentists hear from many adult patients who complain that their teeth are starting to show wear and tear. First of all, let us say that this is completely normal and very common! Don’t panic! Second of all, let us reassure you that there are things that we can do to improve the appearance of your teeth.
As your teeth get older you may find that they:
· Look yellow or stained
· Look less luminous
· Accumulate cracks or chips
· Change shape—especially around the edges of the teeth
· Start to shift slightly in your mouth
Sometimes these changes occur gradually over time. Other times patients report that they noticed these issues seemingly overnight.
Depending on your exact situation, we can help repair your smile using:
· Dental bonding with attractive dental resin
· Customized dental crowns
· Porcelain LUMINEERS, which can help you achieve a total smile transformation
· Professional teeth whitening treatments
· Snap on Smile oral appliances
· Dental implants, for those patients suffering from tooth loss
When you notice age-related changes to your smile, feel free to reach out to our Tinley Park dentists for help. We’ll assess your smile and help you determine what types of treatments are appropriate for you. You can always call our dental team to get started, or you can use the Contact Us page on our website in order to submit a question and your contact information.