There are many different variables that will affect your experience with wisdom teeth. The size and position of your wisdom teeth matter. Additionally, different people have more or less space along their jawlines for wisdom teeth to emerge.
Our Tinley Park wisdom teeth dentists extract problematic teeth right here in our office, so that you can get the dental care you need to get back to your normal routine.
The key to avoiding wisdom-tooth-related issues is to seek timely treatment and extraction. Today we are reviewing some common red flags that indicate problems with wisdom teeth.
If you notice any of these issues, contact your dentist for further guidance and treatment:
· A sense of pressure of fullness in the back of your jaw—behind your back molars
· Pain near your 3rd molars
· Chronic, hard to treat bad breath—this often occurs because your wisdom teeth have partially emerged, and bacteria are colonizing in these hard-to-reach spaces
· Shifting teeth—as wisdom teeth start to break through they can put pressure on your existing smile. This pressure can cause your current smile to become misaligned.
· Persistent bad taste in the mouth
· Pain that radiates from the jaw to the head, neck, or ear
The way to deal with these problems is to have your wisdom teeth removed as quickly as possible. If your teeth have already emerged, our team may be able to pull them much as we would pull a normal tooth. For people with impacted wisdom teeth—meaning that they are stuck in the jawbone—our dental team will surgically remove the teeth from the back of the jaw.
If you want to learn more about wisdom tooth extraction, or schedule a personal consultation with our dentist, please feel free to call our Tinley Park dental office. You can also submit a question for our dental team using the Contact Us page on our website!