Keeping your teeth clean and fresh during orthodontic treatment is essential for maintaining a healthy mouth. Many patients have found that it is quite difficult to keep clean teeth and fresh breath with traditional metal braces. Invisalign orthodontic aligners offer a clear alternative to traditional braces—and they make it much easier for you to clean your teeth during treatment. Read on learn more from our Tinley Park Invisalign dentist…
Invisalign aligners snap over your teeth and gently reposition your smile. The great thing about these aligners is that they are removable. As an Invisalign patient, you’ll remove your aligners to eat and to clean your teeth at least twice a day. Invisalign allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally, as well as maintain your schedule of regular dental cleanings.
To care for your teeth while you’re using Invisalign follow these simple tips…
1. Continue to brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day.
2. If possible, brush your teeth after meals, to prevent dental debris and plaque from getting stuck against your teeth in your aligners.
3. If you can’t brush your teeth after meals, try to at least rinse your mouth out with water before reinserting your aligners.
4. Rinse your aligners with water when you take them out and put them back in.
5. Clean your aligners regularly—you can use toothpaste and a soft toothbrush or the cleanser distributed by Invisalign.
As you can see, it’s pretty simple to care for your teeth and your Invisalign aligners during orthodontic treatment. If you want to learn more about cosmetic treatment in general, or Invisalign specifically, feel free to call our Orland Park cosmetic dentist office today. During your consultation we’ll be able to talk about your cosmetic needs in greater detail, and help you find a treatment that works for you!