Improving the appearance and the structure of your smile does not need to be an inconvenient or time consuming endeavor. One dental treatment that our Tinley Park dentists use to a achieve exceptional results is dental bonding. Keep reading to learn more about how dental bonding works, and for whom it is appropriate.
The dental bonding process is very straightforward: you’ll come in for your appointment and our team will clean and prep your tooth. Then, our dentist applies dental resin to your enamel—this enamel will be custom-colored and shaped to suit your smile, specifically. Once the dental resin is just how you want it, our dental team cures it so that it bonds to your natural tooth and hardens.
Because dental resin is a such a customizable material, dental bonding can be used to achieve a wide variety of dental results. You might want to consider dental bonding for your smile if:
· You want to close gaps in your smile—by widening specific teeth with dental bonding your entire smile will look more seamless and better aligned
· You have existing dental damage—like cracked or chipped enamel—dental resin can repair and reinforce compromised teeth
· You want to improve your bite alignment—with dental resin our team can build up uneven bite surfaces, in order to improve the function of the patient’s smile
· You want to lighten a dark or discolored smile
· You want to build up poorly proportioned teeth, so that you smile, on the whole, look properly proportioned and balanced
Dental bonding is one of the fastest, and most cost-effective ways to improve you smile. Additionally, this non-invasive treatment pairs well with a number of other aesthetic treatments, like professional dental whitening.
For more information, and to schedule a personal consultation, contact our Orland Park dentists by phone or through our website. We look forward to speaking with you!