When it comes to replacement teeth, most patients want to find a treatment that looks great and feels comfortable. Dental implants can absolutely help you restore your smile after tooth loss, and our Tinley Park dental implant dentist office has helped numerous people smile again with dental implants. Today we will be giving you a little more information about how exactly dental implants work. So read on to get more information!
Although a completed dental implant looks like one solid piece, our dentist actually builds each dental implant from three separate pieces. Each of these pieces serves an important purpose, and together they form an exceptional replacement tooth.
The three parts of the dental implant are the titanium root, the abutment, and the dental restoration.
The titanium root is the base of the dental implant. The implant root is…
· Surgically embedded in the jawbone and gum tissue
· Made of titanium so that the dental root will bond to your jawbone
· Immovable once it is inserted
The abutment goes on top of the implant root. The abutment…
· Connects the implant root and the dental restoration
· Allows some flexibility between the titanium root and the crown, so that you can chew and eat naturally
The final piece of the puzzle—the dental crown—is placed on top of the abutment. This piece…
· Looks like your natural tooth
· Is designed to stand up to the wear and tear of daily life—eating and drinking
· Will be shaped and shaded to suit your overall smile
A completed dental implant will give you confidence and peace of mind, because your smile will look and feel healthy! Our Orland Park dental implant dentist office is here to walk you through the process. So feel free to contact us by phone or online to get started.