When choosing a cosmetic treatment with which to improve your smile, you want to make sure that you pick the perfect treatment for your needs! Our Tinley Park cosmetic dentists are here to help you do exactly that. That is why, today, we are giving you additional information about two of our office’s most popular treatments—veneers and LUMINEERS.
At first blush LUMINEERS and veneers are very similar.
· Both LUMINEERS and veneers are porcelain cosmetic restorations
· Both of these types of restorations are designed to cover the patient’s natural dental enamel
· Both of these restorations, once attached, stay in place permanently
· Both LUMINEERS and veneers are customizable in size, shape, and color
There are, however, some ways in which LUMINEERS and veneers are different from one another. The primary difference between a LUMINEER and a veneer is that a LUMINEER is made from Cerinate porcelain, specifically, which is designed for increased strength and durability. This one simple change leads to a number of unique benefits for LUMINEERS:
· Our dental team does not need to shave away as much dental enamel when placing LUMINEERS as we do when we place veneers. Because LUMINEERS are so thin, we don’t need to “make room” in your smile before attaching the restorations. We need to shave down teeth before placing veneers, so that the final veneers do not look and feel bulky.
· The LUMINEERS process is, therefore, reversible. If, one day down the road, you want to have your LUMINEERS removed, you’ll likely still have adequate dental structure remaining.
When you come in to meet with our Orland Park cosmetic dentists we can give you all of the information that you need about these two important cosmetic treatments. We are here to help you improve your smile with innovative and effective aesthetic dentistry options. Let’s get started!