Dental implants are widely popular replacement teeth for patients of many ages suffering from tooth loss. Today our Orland Park dental implant dentists will be reviewing some of the key benefits of dental implants. We hope that this information helps you imagine how dental implants might be able to help you restore your smile.
To quickly review: dental implants are permanent replacement teeth that are held in place by small titanium roots (these roots extend into the jawbone, essentially replacing the missing natural tooth root).
People love dental implants because…
· They stay in place permanently, so you never have to worry about them shifting around or falling out of your mouth
· They make it easy and natural for you to eat your favorite foods, drink your favorite drinks, and speak confidently
· Every dental implant is customized to look natural and fit perfectly in the patient’s smile
· Dental implants are easy to care for with regular at-home dental hygiene routines and semi-annual dental cleanings
· They help you maintain your current dental alignment—dental implants minimize the likelihood that your natural teeth will shift post-tooth-loss
· Dental implant roots help to support your jawbone tissue, so that it stays stronger, longer (one common side effect of tooth loss is jawbone tissue deterioration)
Choosing a type of replacement tooth is a very personal decision; our Tinley Park dentists are here to walk you through the process from start to finish. Schedule a consultation with our team to learn more about all of the restorative options available to you, and to get started reclaiming oral health!